Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Wonderful Life


My mom and her husband came to visit yesterday. My mom is truly the cat's pajamas and we had a great afternoon out at the local antique shop in downtown La Crosse. We spent the evening out on the porch and when I awoke this morning she had already brewed an extra strong pot of coffee and was 
outside weeding among the flowers. 

 Mom and I have always loved watching movies together. From wistfully watching the eatery in Babette's Feast or longing for Ralph Fiennes in The English Patient, we love 'em all. Last night was the first time she saw our new house and she gave us such a sweet home warming gift inspired by It's A Wonderful Life. 

"Bread... that this house may never know hunger. 
 Salt... that life may always have flavor.  
And wine... that joy and prosperity may reign forever."




 
  
Birthday presents for Jonett. A darling-baby fig plant and a bottle of whiskey


After they left I spent the morning running some prints and cleaning my makeshift studio.




We have a small display shelf near the living room so I decided to set up these little dudes. My mom started giving me these small figurines as a child and I loved them dearly since. A few have broken limbs or ears here and there but it only adds to their endearing nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment