Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Magic

With these









I can make these



and this.


Today is an incredibly hot rainy day in Minnesota. A day to sit out on my porch with a cup of chilled coffee and work on some wood carvings. I've sketched out some new designs that I need to start carving. These will be for an upcoming show in Wisconsin in October that I'm super pumped about, its at one of my favorite local venues.







 More magic?


 With these






we made this!


Fresh radishes from our garden. Jonett cleaned and sliced them extra thin with his godly steady hand. Then he just marinated them in a small bowl of rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Extra tasty and simple meal- because, whomp whomp, we still have no working fridge!! Blarrgh!





6 comments:

  1. i'm so impressed that you made that!
    and i really want to have my own garden someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz ~ Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wishing you much luck with your art. I vow to devote more time to my art~photography, watercolors, sketching~but it is easier said than done. I admire your courage.
    Best wishes!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had radishes! But those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super good! They have a nice spicy bit to them but nothing too intense.

      Delete
  4. Everything is better when you pick it yourself! I love your porch, BTW!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the creativity - radishes included!

    ReplyDelete