Monday, July 8, 2013

Tiger Lily/Dragon Ball


 

Life without a working refrigerator is getting old. It means our weekly grocery bill has become obsolete, driving into town once or so to pick up a few bags of frozen veg to accompany our nightly dinners of Flintstone size steaks. 

I've missed cooking so badly, I decided to buy some ice for our cooler to hold leftover cream cheese because I really, really wanted to try This recipe. They were amazingly good, we used a good squeeze of sriracha in the mix= rad.
 

Here's some photographs of my newest addition to the Shop. I'm really digging the fragile Tiger Lily, which seem to grow wild allover here in the Driftless Region of the Wisconsin/Minnesota border.







 I really love the prussian blue against the burnt orange. That is a blanket my in-laws brought back for us while they were visiting a former foreign exchange student in Macedonia. Of course, I might just be partial to the colors because they remind me of a certain childhood hero...


4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,

    Those scarves are beautiful. Especially the flower. You should sell them on Etsy!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! I just started selling them online at :
      etsy.com/shop/ColdBornPress

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. So nice to meet a kindred spirit. Have a super day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cyanotypes are really lovely! Obviously I have a thing for indigo so you got me there. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, always nice to meet a fellow Wiscosinite!

    www.nomadicd.com

    ReplyDelete